Logan is now on the move! He has begun to scoot. Yippee! Well actually now I'm kinda realizing why it was a blessing that he was content with just sitting. He tries (and some times successful) to get into EVERYTHING!
He couldn't figure out that he needed to lower his head down and scoot backwards at the same time. That is an awful lot of motor skills to use at the same time. Especially for my little late bloomer. He bonked his head quite a few times before he finally hollered for help.Keri-maybe Logan can finally try to keep up with Jack!
Yogies has been on my "good list" this week. I'm not saying that he is bad or anything but i am exceptionally proud of him this week. I finally got fed up with having to hold him until he was fast asleep before I could lay him down. Because even then he would, more times than not, wake up as I was laying him down. Sometimes he was so tires that he would just roll over and go to sleep. But usually I have to stay in there and make him stay in a certain position, sing, rub his back, rub his head, etc. I feel that he is more than old enough to be able to go to sleep on his own. So on Tuesday I was talking to a friend and was letting out my frustrations about laying Logan down for naps and bed. She looked at me very "mater-of-factly" and said "Let him cry it out". I have tried that before I said, when he was just a couple of months old and it didn't work at all. I've even tried it a couple of random times since but didn't have any luck. But this time I tried it with confidence. It worked like a charm! He cried/fussed for about 25-30 minutes, then I went back in there to give him his paci & blanket back and he went right to sleep. I was floored. He even slept better, more soundly. After that first time crying so long, he now hardly makes a peep when we lay him down. I must have been in the right place at the right time to hear my friend say exactly what Logan needed for me to hear. It was like he was waiting for me to release the reins. He has fallen asleep on his own ever since. It's amazing how much frustration and stress goes into laying a baby/toddler (I can't believe I can call him that now) down to sleep. I just can't get over it. I post-poned this post for a while because I didn't want to "count my chickens before they hatched" but I think/hope/pray that we will continue on the path that we are on. I'm so proud of my little monster.



1 comment:
Hey guys. Can you email us your address? We would love to send you guys a Christmas card. Thanks.
Post a Comment