We headed out of Seattle Thursday afternoon around 2:30pm. Our destination: Hickville, WA! JK, Arlington, Ok not really kidding. We kept tradition for yet another year. We were blessed enough to have the whole weekend off (3 1/2 days free from work related responsibility) and a Mother-in-Law apartment that was all ours! Thanks Dana for going on vacation, even though we missed you! Our annual 4th of July BBQ is usually at our friends Kris & Bekki's house, but this year they decided to join forces with another couple down the street from them. Everything turned out fabulouis! You'll find all the highlights below... Enjoy (we sure did)!!!
Logan letting me know that he is packed and ready for our getaway. "Mama, all I need is my bubbles. Yep, I think that will do it."
Yahoo, finally in the car. An hour later than we planned, but hey, better than 2 hours later!
Logan was enjoying computer source magazine Daddy lent him. It made his car ride that much more enjoyable! It wasn't so enjoyable for the rest of us. Due to the freak'in traffic, it took us about an hour longer than usual.
Logan letting me know that he is packed and ready for our getaway. "Mama, all I need is my bubbles. Yep, I think that will do it."
Logan was enjoying computer source magazine Daddy lent him. It made his car ride that much more enjoyable! It wasn't so enjoyable for the rest of us. Due to the freak'in traffic, it took us about an hour longer than usual.
"Hey ladies, ever seen pipes quite this large? Dad says I get them from him."
OK fine then, Mom will enjoy the refreshing cold water. I'm not sure what planet our son came from, but who doesn't want to be cooled off on a 90 degree day?!
There's Kris, sporting the hat he was gifted by Bekki's Grandpa. That hat is older than he is, and that's old :)
Inside the AIRCONDITIONED party house! It was pretty awsome to be able to cool off inside of the house. I'm so used to being way hotter inside the house. Weird.
Logan and I running back and forth from the where Auntie Laura and Daddy were sitting to the bucket full of ice and Coronas (with a bowl of lime wedges)! I guess that was his way of "cooling off". We went back and forth for a long time. He eventually grabbed a lime and ate it like a champ! Everyone thought he was the cutest thing, running back and forth on the deck. I thought so too!
A very tired mama trying to pack everything to go home. Note: I'm sitting on our old couch. We kinda miss that couch. Just kinda.
The stairs without a gate. This put a smile on Logan's face, knowing that he could {try to} go up those stairs at any time. We did a lot of chasing this weekend.
A big shout out to the Bolopue's for feeding us and letting us play all weekend! Oh yeah, and YaYa too for the pad!
We had a fantastic weekend, couldn't have asked for better!
2 comments:
Looks like an awesome time! Jared was afraid of playing in the water at that age too. My mom and I tried for 1/2 an hour one day just to get him to put his hand in a bucket of water. So funny.
That's a great one guys!
Post a Comment