Sunday, September 13, 2009

A simple birthday party


Rob's birthday is August 27th. August is a very busy month for an apartment manager in the U-district. So Rob didn't get a birthday on time. We planned it for Labor Day and we were going to party at the beach. But with the weather being like it usually is (not doing what you want it to do) we ended up having it in one of our vacant units in our complex. Brilliant! It was cleaned pretty good by the last tenant, but still needs to be professionally cleaned before the next tenant moves in. Long story short, easy to decorate and clean. I hope there is a vacancy for Logan's birthday. Our VIP guest list (the ones that actually came) included: Ben, Sarah, Landon, Pete, Keri, Jack, Aaron, Sarah, Laura, my mom, Rob's parents, Tim, LaNaya, Aubrey, and of course all three of us! It was a small gathering compared to our regular turn out. Thank you to all that came to celebrate and to have a good time with us! We are thankful for our family and friends.


The birthday boy/old man!

Grandma Sheri says "pay attention, here I'll help you".

I made fresh home made cinnamon rolls for dessert. They were so good, if I might say so myself! It was a nice change from birthday cake.

This picture cracks me up!

Grandma Jorgene and Auntie L-Train teaching Logan how to eat corn on the cob. I have tried before, but he didn't want anything to do with it.

He totally loved every bite. We had lots of leftovers, Logan didn't complain.

Happy Birthday Babe! Hope you had a good time!
We love you!

1 comment:

Bekki said...

I am so sad that we missed it. I would have much rather been partying then puking. We will try and stay healthy for next year and I will definitely be bringing a b**b cake =) But maybe you have to make me some yummy cinnamon rolls for my birthday, they look so good!