Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Day Worth Celebrating


Logan's birthday is worth celebrating. Not just because he's 2, but because he managed to survive on earth for 17,520 hours. If you live in our house, that's a dang miracle!

So in celebration of his steadfastness in our family here are some memories captured:

Auntie Bekki made delicious cupcakes w/pudding filling, yum! If was nearly impossible to keep all the sticky fingers off the table. We didn't have a theme this year {since I thought maybe he wouldn't make it to his 2nd b-day ha-ha!}. So his cake had a little of all his favorite things: Santa {still #1 a month after Christmas}, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Cookies, Balls, Cars. Then she added polka dots in primary colors made out of fruit roll-ups {she's so dang clever}.

Say cheese, but don't hurt yourself. Sheesh.

Logan and Uncle Root enjoying their heavenly cupcakes.

In the back decapitated by the camera is Grandma Schmalle, then Grandpa Schmalle, Auntie Laura and Auntie Sarah.

Auntie Bekki, Uncle Kris and Jake. They clearly don't want to have their picture taken.

Mike Wood and Uncle Aaron.

The best part of being an apartment manager is having space to through a party! We used the bedroom for a playroom-brilliant!

Kris: "Hey Aaron, I'll give ya a dollar if you stuff that whole cupcake in your mouth."
Aaron, needing the money to get back to Rexburg: "Not for just a dollar."
Kris: "Ok, I'll give you all the money in my wallet."
Aaron: "Now we're talkin, it's a deal."




Now that was fun. Huh, Aaron? Was it worth it?! {I would've done it for the dollar, the cupcakes are just THAT good.}

Logan being patient with Grandpa Arvin trying to take his picture with his cell phone.

Logan: "I. MUST. DESTROY. MY. FOOD."

"Don't look at me like that, I'm the boss here Mister."



The Woods, clearly avoiding the camera.

The Crossley's. We are currently at their house.

Uncle Tim.

Opening presents, Aubree really {really} wanted to open all the presents by herself. Darn it, it's not her birthday yet.
Our proud Daddy.

Look at all the loot. Yeah, just after Christmas...fun.

Happy {belated on the blog} Birthday Bean-Bean! Daddy and I love you with all our heart. You make life so very interesting and we have the most fun with you, son. We are so proud of your accomplishments this year: Walking, running {this one I'm not so happy about when we are out and about}, talking, singing, drinking from a big boy cup, climbing the stairs, going to primary like a champ and of course growing like a weed {I'm not sure how that one happened, he usually only eats breakfast}. Logan we Love you so much and we are so blessed to have you in our family. Here's to another year! Hopefully you'll have a brother or sister by then :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like a great party! I love the cupcakes shaped into a 2. :-D

KWit said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN!! Looks like you guys had so much fun there!!! Those cupcakes looked awesome...So another baby ah! That's exciting goal for the new year! hehehe
Hope all is well there...