Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jake's Pirate Party

Bekki (below) always makes the best cakes. I know I have raved about them before but I just can't help myself. They taste soooo good and they are always beautiful or cool if it's boyish. The sharks that are on the cupcakes are actually twinkies all decked out. I totally thought they were toys. Bekki you ROCK! You win the "Mother of the Year Award".
Logan at the very beginning when the pirates first arrived. Captain Ugly (really that's his name, or just what he calls himself for the show) giving Logan a pirate pin. Yah buddy good present for a 7 1/2 month old. Good thing Bekki was holding him.
This is Logan having a complete meltdown. I know you can't see his face but believe you me he was wailing!!! I'll have to say she was a little scary. Sorry Logan :(
You can see the desperation in his eyes. "Mommy PLEASE take me away, far away!" She completely fell in love with Logan, you can see that the feelings were NOT mutual. I had to practically pull him away even though he was crying the whole time. She must have thought she had the "mother's touch". In that outfit? Come on! And no the hat didn't really help, he was fine as soon as someone else was holding him.
One of our Godson's had his 5th Birthday Party.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!
Logan told those pirates to walk the plank when they tried to get close.
Fun pinata time. Who can break open the treasure chest?
Out of all the many little rugrats that were dressed up like pirates I think Tommy Joe was the cutest. He wore a bandanna, eye patch, earing and "jewels"(Mardi Gras beads) all day long. I know he had a blast but he sure did a good job at hiding his emotions. I didn't see him crack a smile all day. I think he was a little scared of the pirates. They were VERY loud and full of character.
These are the kids that were brave enough to get on the pirate ship.
Kids from left to right: Cierra, Layla, Jake, Laura and Tommy.

No comments: