Friday, March 19, 2010

A Day at the Park


Last weekend we (I) decided it was a great day to visit a park. Living in Seattle isn't very conducive to visiting a park whenever you want, especially when you only have 1 car. So we packed up and stopped by the park in Bellevue next to the Mall. It's the coolest park ever! They have this huge pond with a waterfall and there's tons of ducks! We totally should have brought a loaf of bread. Oh well, next time. We also thought it would be a good time to let the ol' fire truck out of the house for a trip around the block. What we didn't realize is Logan wasn't very interested in riding his truck. Well, Rob and I clearly were NOT going to carry the darn thing. Out loud I said to Rob "darn, we should have brought a rope to tie around the handle then we could pull him." Two seconds later, Rob has his belt off and wrapped around the handle of the fire truck, what a good daddy! Everyone that walked by thought it was a pretty clever idea. Logan was cool with being pulled. Who wouldn't?



You should have heard the squealing coming from within that little boy. He was beside himself with excitement!

The little cement barrier was a little low for our liking, but Logan liked it plenty. I think he would have jumped in if we weren't pulling him back every 2 minutes.

Watching the waterfall.

Isn't that beautiful? I think so.


I think it's mating season for ducks right now. If not, then it is for Bellevue ducks.

The boy ducks were chasing the girl ducks all over. They were fighting too! They left floating feathers on the water for evidence.

Sweet, chasing time! "Come here little ducky, come to daddy!"

The ducks would walk really slow so Logan was able to catch up with them. It was pretty sweet. He kept looking back at us like "can I really catch one, cuz I think I can."

I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but Logan looked up at the trees and said "Santa!" They still have Christmas light on them.

Then it was playground time.


"I see a bean-bean, but where's a daddy?"

The first time Logan went down those stairs he fell on his face! The worst part is that I was standing behind him and could catch him fast enough! I had to run all the way around the playground to get to him. There were 2 other moms/grandmas standing near him and didn't help him! His poor face was in the wood chips. If I saw someones kid face plant it I would totally run over and stand him/her up. The steps were so high that we was literally stuck upside-down. It's funny now, but at the time I was really mad that there wasn't anybody nice enough to help him. Anyway...

Back on the rocking-whatever-kind-of-animal-that-is.
"Dad's out, I'm out."
The black thing on top of that pole has handles and it spins around. Rob really wanted Logan to hang on to he could spin him around, Logan wasn't too hip with that.

"Mommy will save you!"
Fun things usually end with some tears :(

I think Logan would dig in the dirt/sand/mud/wood chips all day if he could. The boy just loves to dig!

"Diggin to China, Son?"

Trying to take home a souvenir. I practically had to undress him to get all the wood chips out of his clothes. I told you, he loves to dig!

So, so sleepy on the way home.

1 comment:

KWit said...

Those pictures are so cute. Not sure if you have a play group or would be interested. But our ward has a REALLY fun group of kids and moms. Kids all different ages too. We meet on Wednesdays this week we are headed to Lewis park from 10 to noon. If you want to come let me know it'd be so fun to see you guys. Then both our boys could really dig to china. Cause well Mitchel does the same thing! Love all the pictures and glad you guys got out for a nice SUNNY day!