On Thanksgiving morning I made a quiche for my family. Boy do I make a good quiche. Yum-Yum!
Then we all watched the parade. Later in the afternoon we all went over to my Nana's house and she made us Thanksgiving Dinner. I was so full I couldn't even eat dessert.
The day before Turkey day I went out and bought a turkey for just us to have. Ya know when ever you go over to someone else's house you never get enough turkey. So I decided to make my very 1st turkey ever! Boy was I nervous. But with Julie's help I did it. She made a brine to soak it in all night. So the next day I was all by myself to prepare everything else along with the turkey. I cooked it for 30 min at 500 degrees. Then put the thermometer in and cooked it for about 2-2.5 hours at 350 degrees. I basted every 15 min.
Are you wondering if it tasted as good as it looks, HECK YA!
Then we all watched the parade. Later in the afternoon we all went over to my Nana's house and she made us Thanksgiving Dinner. I was so full I couldn't even eat dessert.
The day before Turkey day I went out and bought a turkey for just us to have. Ya know when ever you go over to someone else's house you never get enough turkey. So I decided to make my very 1st turkey ever! Boy was I nervous. But with Julie's help I did it. She made a brine to soak it in all night. So the next day I was all by myself to prepare everything else along with the turkey. I cooked it for 30 min at 500 degrees. Then put the thermometer in and cooked it for about 2-2.5 hours at 350 degrees. I basted every 15 min.Are you wondering if it tasted as good as it looks, HECK YA!
It had the best flavor and it was the most juicy turkey I have ever eaten. Even Julie and Rob said it was the best they had ever eaten and they have a lot more turkey eaten years under their belts then I do.I made all the traditional sides: real mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, sausage stuffing, gravy(Julie made it because I am not confident in my gravy making skills, it always tasted like flour), rolls and cranberry sauce.
Every piece of meat had juice dripping from it. My mouth is watering just typing this out. I was really proud of myself for not only cooking a Thanksgiving dinner (almost completely by myself) but making everything turn out so freakin' good. However, I did seem to burn the bottoms of the rolls. I put them on a cookie sheet on the bottom of the oven and forgot about them. Oops!
After we stuffed ourselves to death I cleaned the kitchen up. When I took off my gloves I realized there was water on my left hand. That's bad for me because I have eczema really bad on my hands that comes and goes, but water makes it really bad. So I supported my glove on Logan's bottle washer and the next morning I come out to find this...
3 comments:
Hahahaha!!! That post was inspiring, funny, and made me hungry.
That's so fun that you also have quiche on Thanksgiving. It's a tradition of ours. And I make such a good quiche.
Merry Christmas!
You go girlie... That turkey looked AMAZING. Like right out of a magazine!! So flying solo this week. Best luck in that! I always hate it when Cory's gone. Oh on Saturday we are headed for the LS dinner, ya really wish you guys were there. It's going to be good ya know!! Been dying for a steak dinner that I don't have to make or pay for! ha ha Love ya Kristen
Post a Comment