Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

The front of Rob's sweater.
Rob's boss had a Christmas Party for all his employees. But, there was a catch.. you could not go in the house without an ugly Christmas sweater(there would also be a contest with a $ prize!). I was pretty appalled when Rob first told me about it, but then I got to thinking and decided if I was going to wear an ugly sweater and there was a contest then we HAD to win. That's just the way that I roll! We went to Value Village and bought Rob a red sweater vest and myself a red and white striped sweater. I decorated everything else by hand. I used felt and wreath accessories and a lot of hot glue. It took me about 4 hours total to do both.
Scroll down, look at the pictures and tell me if you think we won!

Up close of Rob's.
Baby snowmen on Rob's shoulders. So sweet!
A "Him" snowmen with spiky hair, just like Rob!
A "Her" snow women with curly hair, not like mine.
I had Angels on my shoulders.
An up close front shot of my sweater.
And another just to make sure you get the full affect.
Rob's co-workers.
And here we are in all "our ugly sweater glory"
Really, I just know you wanted the butt shot!
More co-workers. this one is with the flash on...
This one is with the flash off. they had battery lights. I was totally going to do that but they would have pushed me over the budget.
And more co-workers.

There were a lot more employees there, I just forgot to take more pictures.
We had a blast that night. The food was great, the people were great, the sweaters were freakin' awesome and hte present exchange game was really fun!













Have you decided who won?
















Of course we did. It was pretty much hands down!
As Rob would say:
"That's the was I roll baba, that's the way I roll!"


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you take it as a compliment when I tell you your sweaters were the most hideous sweaters there.

KWit said...

He he.... That was awesome. Way to take the challenge like a champ. That is seriously the worst, best Christmas sweaters every. I say wearing them to church would be great! ha ha. I'd come that Sunday!! I was thinking of you the other day. Cory broke out the Grinch t-shirt you got him last year. So funny!!! Love it. Thanks for sharing! and The Log man is ADORABLE!!