Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Like Father Like Son

I know you all have seen the cheese face that Logan usually gives the camera. Well, now you know where he gets it, his Dad! Good one Babe!

Rob made a solid block out of all of Logan's Mega Bloks. I was pretty impressed, then I made him take it apart so Logan could actually play with his own toys.

Did you notice the little round "zit band aid" on Logan's forehead? To give you a brief summary of the events for that day:
First he was playing with his "walker". He was using the side knob (it moves back and forth making noise at the same time) to lift himself up and his hand slipped off and hit hit his mouth on the knob. He cut his lip pretty good, blood dripping for a long time. And I think he chipped his tooth just a little bit. There aren't any sharp edges and he was only upset for a couple minutes, which is usually the case.
Second, we have a long piece of cardboard covered in butcher paper in front of the TV, WII, Play Station, etc to keep Logan out of it. Or at least to give me a chance to get him away before he can brake anything. I was on the computer and I heard him stand up to the cardboard (it crinkles, because of the paper) so I turned my head around and told him "No, get down" Like he actually understands me. I really do think he understands, but he thinks it's so darn funny that he is willikng to get yelled at to see me react. Anyway, he looks at me and smiles. I go back to my blog hopping or whatever it was I was doing, and I hear him get into it again, so I get up and start to walk over to him which is probably 7 or 8 feet away. Right as I was grabbing for his arm he realizes that "Oh crap Mom's gonna take me away and I won't be able to get what I came for". All of his body weight lunges forward, his hands slip off the cardboard barrier and faceplants the Play Station! He got the corner of it right smack dab in the middle of his forehead. The corner on the Play Station is a semi-rounded corner. But he landed so hard that it made a huge dent, brake the skin and bled pretty bad.
All I have to say is
"What a Freak Show"
My child is wild. I know, welcome to the Boy Club! He hurts himself all the time, smashes his face on the coffee table, bites his own finger, faceplants the floor because his walker is faster than he is, faceplants his crib rails, sticks his own fingers down his throat and gags (that's always a pleasure when we are in a restaurant), rolls off his Elmo couch and lands on something hard/sharp(he actually did that one the day before the double wammy). Seriously the list goes on and on.

No comments: